To apply for the Africa Scholarship Program (ASP) in The Netherlands for the academic year 2022/2023, visit the University of Wageningen’s webpage.
In order to provide outstanding and motivated students from Africa with the opportunity to study at Wageningen University, the Africa Scholarship Program was established in 2007. Wageningen aims to support capacity building in Africa by accepting exceptional applicants for a two-year master’s degree at Wageningen University.
As part of Wageningen University & Research, it is the only academic institution in the Netherlands that focuses on the topic of “healthy food and living environment”. Working together with government and business, they achieve this. There are three main areas of impact for Wageningen University and Research: Living environment, Food and food production as well as Health, Lifestyles & Living Standards (HSL).
Worthy of an Award
From and To Wageningen
Two-year living allowance
Payment of the school’s tuition fees
Expenses associated with visas and health insurance
Attending a seminar or conference in Europe on a budget
Programme “Reach your full potential”
Eligibility for Africa Scholarship Programme
As a result of the high level of competition for Africa Scholarships, the chances of receiving one are slim. In order to be eligible for the Africa Scholarship Programme, you must be in the top 5% of your graduating class. In light of the sheer volume of applications, only a limited group of these extraordinary individuals will be asked to participate in the scholarship selection process (es).
Their standard is a GPA of 80 percent or above. A BSc with First Class Honours or a comparable degree is also required. It is possible to submit letters of recommendation and achievement awards as part of the MSc admissions process, which may assist establish that you are in the top 5 percentile of the class. In addition, your resume will be examined, as well as your statement of purpose.
1. You are a national of an African country
2. You are an exceptional candidate with a First class honours degree or a GPA of 80% or higher in a BSc.
3. You have submitted application for one the master’s programs of Wageningen University & Research prior to January 3rd, 2022. For the MSc application, please read: How can I apply for the master’s program? (Non EU/EFTA)
How to Apply for Africa Scholarship Programme
- Candidates should forward the Africa Scholarship Programme application form and a letter of reference to email@example.com
- The letter of reference should, if possible, come from an African University which has (had) a working relationship with Wageningen University within the last three years. Please ensure that the contact information of the reference are added.
- African candidate who want to commence their study in September 2022 may be qualified for the scholarship award.